The Brusa roofed market placed - built in 1551 by the Grand Vizier Rustem-Pasha. Its appearance resembles Istanbul's Sandal Bezistan. It was used for the sale of silk manufactured in Bursa, Asia Minor. It is built from stone and covered by six smaller domes. Entrances are at all four sides.
Once, Brusa roofed market place had two safes where esnaf's defters (gr. tefter or defter = notebook, accounting ledger), sidžils (lat. Sidžil = judicial protokol, minute-book) and other valuables were kept. There was a large number of shops indoor.
Today, a large part of the Sarajevo City Museum's collection rests here. The structure was severely damaged in the 1992-1995 war.
VRML model [.wrl 7,5 MB]