Built in phases between 1537 and 1555 from Ghazi Husrev-Bey's endowment, as the city's second roofed market place. Its particular rectangular shape is 109 meters long. The roofed market place has four main entrances, the two from the Ghazi Husrev-Bey's Street, one from Ferhadija Street, and the last, from the Zelenih Beretki Street. The bezistan's (roofed market place) concept concept resembles the Istanbul's Misir-Bazaar, and the roofed market places found in Arab cities.
It was almos completely demolished in 1914, when on that location a huge palace from Ghazi Husrev-Bey's endowment was to be built. Fortunately, that did not take place. Following the end of World War II, the roofed market place was meticulously renovated.
Today, it is the shopping center with a number of small stores.
VRML model [.wrl 50 MB]